Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple but elegant recipe! It combines all three food groups in one. Found this on the web @ cookinglightcentral.com advertisement and tweaked it; hopefully, making it better.
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice (short grain) or 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice (short grain)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup dry vermouth
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- diagonally sliced snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley, finely chopped, garnish (optional)
- Bring clam juice, water & red pepper flakes to a simmer in a medium saucepan(do not boil).
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook 1 minute.
- Add rice; and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/2 cup juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining juice mixture, 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of juice mixture is absorbed before adding the next(about 20 minutes total).
- Stir in shrimp, and snow peas; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with parsley.
Delicious! Made according to recipe, but cut in half. Thanks for posting.