Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sounds truly elegant. From Weight Watchers Slim Ways Italian.
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 ounces arborio rice or 7 ounces other short-grain rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces bay scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried leaves, crumbled)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil; reduce the heat and keep at a simmer.
- Place another medium saucepan over medium heat 30 seconds; heat the oil 30 seconds more.
- Add the onion; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the rice; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add the wine and 1/2 cup of the broth; cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding more broth, until all but 1 cup of the broth has been used.
- Add the remaining cup of broth, the shrimp and scallops; cook, stirring constantly, 6-8 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed, the shrimp are pink, the scallops are just opaque and the mixture is creamy.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, thyme and pepper.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates and serve at once.
- SERVING (1 CUP) PROVIDES: 1 Fat, 1/4 Vegetable, 2 Proteins, 1 3/4 Breads, 80 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 420 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 112 mg Cholesterol, 341 mg Sodium, 45 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein, 107 mg Calcium, 9 points.