1 hr 5 mins
jeep chick's Note:
This recipe came from a member of my fitness club
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups arborio rice (or other short grain rice)
- 12 asparagus spears, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 lbs bay scallops or 1 1/4 lbs sea scallops, cut into fourths
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1Bring water and broth to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat and keep simmering.
- 2Heat oil in nonstick saucepan and add onion. Reduce heat and saute 1 minute.
- 3Add rice. Cook, stirring to coat, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth mixture; cook, stirring, until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of broth and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before adding more, until the rice is just tender. Total cooking time for the rice should be about 25-30 minutes.
- 5Stir in scallops, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook until the scallops are opaque, the rice tender, and the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Scallops & Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 698.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: