1/3 Photos of Risotto With Pesto and Mascarpone
This is an easy risotto recipe that goes well with steak or chicken. To add a little more flavour you could saute some finely chopped onions at the start. Try to find a good quality mascarpone as you'll get a much richer flavour. This recipe serves 4 as a side dish- if you are serving it as a main meal this recipe serves 2-3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- 2Add the garlic and cook lightly for about a minute.
- 3Over a low heat, add the rice and saute for a couple of minutes, stirring to make sure the rice is coated in butter.
- 4Add the white wine and let it absorb.
- 5While the rice is absorbing the wine, heat your chicken stock (this can be done at an earlier stage and kept warm if you prefer). Add the chicken stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring occasionally. Each time, make sure the stock is mostly absorbed before you add more or it will be a very runny risotto! The non-stick pan is important for this stage, so the rice doesn't stick when the stock is low.
- 6When the stock is all absorbed, taste the risotto to make sure the rice is tender (if not, add another 1/4 cup of stock).
- 7Then stir in the mascarpone and pesto. Stir until completely mixed in.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Pesto and Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 417.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: