Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A variant of this recipe was found on cooking-french.com.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup peas
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, then add onion & cook, stirring until onion is translucent.
- Add rice & stir for 2 minutes.
- In a separate pan warm the chicken broth & water, stirring to blend well.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth on top of the rice, using just enough to cover it without drowning it!
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the water has been absorbed by it, about 6 minutes.
- Add additional broth&water, again just covering the rice, & add 1/3 cup of peas, then continue to cook, stirring occasionally for another 6 minutes, before serving.
I gotta admit I was a little skeptical of how easy this risotto recipe was compared to every other one I've seen but apparently taste is not compromised by ease! Very delicious and flavorful! I added about 1/4 cup of parmesan on at the end because, well, I add parmesan to everything :)
Fabulous and easy and versatile too. I added some mushrooms and even the children raved !!!
Made half the recipe as posted. This is an easy and delicious side dish. I used frozen baby peas and added just to heat at the end of cooking so they stayed a little crunchy. Thanks for posting Sid. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.