Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit, October 1998.
Top Review by karen
Easy and tasty risotto. I used a mix of homemade veggie stock and some chicken stock made from concentrate. I also supplemented the green onions with some regular onions as I didn't have enough. Very tasty and didn't take long to pull together while getting the rest of dinner together.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add green onions and thyme and saute until onions wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in peas.
- Simmer until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, adding more broth by 1/4 cup if risotto is dry and stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1/3 cup cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve risotto, passing remaining cheese separately.