Recipe by mermaidmagic
Simple and delicious. I've added chicken to this and had a complete meal.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Delicious, quick and easy side that tastes like it was a lot of work! I made it just as described, but left out the wine as I only had some red at home LOL. This is terrific and will go on my regular rotation. Thanks for a winner Mermaidmagic!
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 3-1/2 quart sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft but not browned, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Add rice.
- Cook, stirring, until grains look opaque, about 2- 3 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and frozen peas.
- Stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-high, cover and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until rice is tender and almost all of the broth has been absorbed, about 25- 30 minutes.
- Rice should be tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve warm, with additional grated cheese to top if desired.