1/2 Photos of Risotto With Peas
Simple and delicious. I've added chicken to this and had a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a 3-1/2 quart sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic.
- 3Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft but not browned, about 4- 5 minutes.
- 4Add rice.
- 5Cook, stirring, until grains look opaque, about 2- 3 minutes.
- 6Add broth, wine and frozen peas.
- 7Stir to combine.
- 8Increase heat to medium-high, cover and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 9Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered.
- 10Stir occasionally.
- 11Cook until rice is tender and almost all of the broth has been absorbed, about 25- 30 minutes.
- 12Rice should be tender but not mushy.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Add cheese and stir to combine.
- 15Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 16Serve warm, with additional grated cheese to top if desired.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 434.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g