1/2 Photos of Risotto With Parmigiano-Reggiano in a Crock Pot
2 hrs 15 mins
Inspired by a favorite dish at a Scottsdale, AZ restaurant. It's the Basil Olive Oil used in the dish that makes it so yummy. I love Risotto but oh, the stirring and stirring... Here is a crockpot version that works great!! This recipe works as a terrific side dish but you can add other items to make it a complete meal in itself, such as shrimp etc.. I hope some of you will attempt this version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the basil oil in a saute pan over medium heat and saute the shallots until they have softened.
- 2Lightly coat the insert of crock pot with some extra basil olive oil.
- 3Add the sauted shallots and basil oil to the crockpot insert.
- 4Add the rice and coat it with the mixture.
- 5Stir in the wine.
- 6Stir in the chicken broth.
- 7Add the salt.
- 8Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 9Just before serving, stir in the cheese.
- 10Have extra grated cheese to put on top of each serving.
- 11If I was going to add shrimp, chicken, corn, salmon etc.
- 12,I would add it after the cheese had been stirred in, allowing just enough time to warm up the item but not to overcook it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Parmigiano-Reggiano in a Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
basil olive oil