Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I only recently discovered Risotto. OMG it is so good. It is time consuming because it required almost continuous stirring, but well worth the result. This recipe is adapted from the box of arborio rice (store brand).
- Simmer the chicken broth on a back burner throughout cooking process. Add the cut asparagus pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, and mushrooms and saute until the garlic turns golden and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large 6 quart stockpot, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat. Add the rice and saute about 3 to 5 minutes until the rice is slightly toasted.
- Now the fun begins. Ladle in the chicken broth (and asparagus), about a cup at a time. Stir the rice continuously until the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding broth, a cup at a time, and stirring until broth is used up and the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the sauteed mushrooms, parsley, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Serve.