Recipe by threeovens
I only recently discovered Risotto. OMG it is so good. It is time consuming because it required almost continuous stirring, but well worth the result. This recipe is adapted from the box of arborio rice (store brand).
- 6 cups chicken broth (low sodium works well)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb portobello mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 lb asparagus, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the chicken broth on a back burner throughout cooking process. Add the cut asparagus pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, and mushrooms and saute until the garlic turns golden and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large 6 quart stockpot, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat. Add the rice and saute about 3 to 5 minutes until the rice is slightly toasted.
- Now the fun begins. Ladle in the chicken broth (and asparagus), about a cup at a time. Stir the rice continuously until the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding broth, a cup at a time, and stirring until broth is used up and the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the sauteed mushrooms, parsley, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Serve.