Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from recipe in June 2007 edition of Australian Table
- 5 cups stock, I use vegaetable
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup red lentil, brown can be used
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- 2 bunches rocket, stems removed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat stock till simmering.
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium.
- Cook onion and garlic for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and lentils, cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 ladle of hot stock, stir till absorbed.
- Add stock, ladle by ladle till absorbed.
- Stir constantly, will take about 30 minutes till rice tender.
- Add more stock or water if need be.
- Add corn and rocket, stir till heated through.
- Stir through parmesan and season.
- Top with extra cheese and serve.