Risotto With Lemon and Basil
- Melt 50g of butter in a large pan over moderate heat.
- Add the onions and fry them gently for 5 minutes or until they are soft but have no colour.
- Add the rice and allow it to cook with the onions for 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add enough boiling stock to barely cover the rice.
- Stir the rice gently until the stock has been absorbed, then add another ladle full of stock and continue in this way for about 20 minutes until the rice is just cooked but has a little bite.
- There should be enough liquid to make the risotto creamy.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and stir until all the butter has been absorbed.
- Serve at once.