Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free and very low sugar. Made in a pressure cooker, it only takes about 25 minutes start to finish! I took this recipe from Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure, by Lorna J Sass.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in your pressure cooker. Cook the onion until translucent, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the rice, stirring to coat each grain with oil.
- 2Add 3 1/2 cups of the veggie stock (hold back about a half cup), and the salt.
- 3Lock the pressure cooker lid in place. Over high heat, bring to high pressure. Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure - cook for 4 minutes.
- 4While the rice is cooking, place the lemon zest and parsley in a food processor and chop fine - this is your Gremolata. Reserve until just before serving.
- 5Reduce the pressure with a quick-release method. Remove the lid - taking care to avoid any remaining steam.
- 6Stir in the kale and continue to cook uncovered, over medium heat, stirring constantly until the kale is cooked and the rice is tender but still chewy - 4 or 5 minutes. If the risotto isn't creamy enough add in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth.
- 7Just before serving, stir in the Gremolata. Add pepper as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Kale and Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 398.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: