Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is Vegan, Gluten-Free and very low sugar. Made in a pressure cooker, it only takes about 25 minutes start to finish! I took this recipe from Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure, by Lorna J Sass.
- Heat the oil in your pressure cooker. Cook the onion until translucent, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the rice, stirring to coat each grain with oil.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the veggie stock (hold back about a half cup), and the salt.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place. Over high heat, bring to high pressure. Lower the heat just enough to maintain high pressure - cook for 4 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, place the lemon zest and parsley in a food processor and chop fine - this is your Gremolata. Reserve until just before serving.
- Reduce the pressure with a quick-release method. Remove the lid - taking care to avoid any remaining steam.
- Stir in the kale and continue to cook uncovered, over medium heat, stirring constantly until the kale is cooked and the rice is tender but still chewy - 4 or 5 minutes. If the risotto isn't creamy enough add in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth.
- Just before serving, stir in the Gremolata. Add pepper as desired.