1/1 Photo of Risotto With Italian Sausage
This is a very filling, one-pot meal that I love to make for a chilly night's supper. You may use sweet or hot sausage and please use the good parm, not the processed stuff in a shaker container. Also, use fresh parsley, NOT DRIED. There are few ingredients in this recipe which should tell you that they really need to be quality ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute sausage, onion, and garlic in the pot over medium high heat until onion is tender, breaking meat up with a spoon.
- 2Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
- 3Add 4 C of broth, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until broth is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- 4Continue to simmer until rice is just tender, adding more broth, 1/4 C at a time, stirring frequently, about 10 min longer.
- 5Mix in 1/4 C of cheese and 1/4 C of parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Transfer to a large serving bowl, top with remaining parsley and pass remaining cheese at the table.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.2
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 1927.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 43.5 g