Risotto with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
- Bring broth to a boil and keep at a bare simmer.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over moderately-low heat, stirring, until it is softened.
- Add rice, stirring with a wooden spoon, until rice is coated well with butter.
- Add ½ cup of broth and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
- Continue adding broth, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly, and letting liquid become absorbed before adding more, until rice is tender and al dente (about 17 minutes).
- Add cream and stir into risotto.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and walnuts.
- Divide among four plates and garnish with Parmesan, parsley and walnut halves.