Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty risotto to enjoy.
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, plus
- 4 walnut halves (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring broth to a boil and keep at a bare simmer.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over moderately-low heat, stirring, until it is softened.
- Add rice, stirring with a wooden spoon, until rice is coated well with butter.
- Add ½ cup of broth and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
- Continue adding broth, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly, and letting liquid become absorbed before adding more, until rice is tender and al dente (about 17 minutes).
- Add cream and stir into risotto.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and walnuts.
- Divide among four plates and garnish with Parmesan, parsley and walnut halves.
This was very creamy which was a very good thing. But just didn`t do it for us. I do love blue cheese but not in this rice dish. Maybe it was the walnuts. But it seemed to taste bitter to me and my family.