Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Bring broth to a simmer in sauce pan.
- Heat butter in large heavy skillet over low heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender.
- Add rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Add white wine and stir until absorbed.
- Begin to add broth 1 cup at a time stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Wait until each broth addition is absorbed before adding the next.
- When all the broth has been added and absorbed, add the cheeses and the walnuts and stir gently until cheese starts to melt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
I enjoyed making this dish. This is NOT for those who dislike gorgonzola. Luckily, I adore gorgonzola! However, I'm not sure that the taste of walnuts and gorgonzola goes well with a risotto made with white wine - I think that the combination of gorgonzola and walnut is best with a cream sauce pasta, or spinach leaves in a salad. It is a little strange with a broth/wine risotto, or maybe it is just something my palate is not used to. I did enjoy this, though, and it looked lovely. This made a rich, creamy risotto - I think next time I'm going to substitute vegetables and asiago for the gorgonzola and walnut. Thanks for posting this for everyone to enjoy!