Kate in Katoomba's Note:
This is delicious, a bit different and a beautiful colour. Do try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop off beetroot leaves leaving 2cm stems and wash.
- 2Steam boil or bake for about 20 minutes.
- 3Beets are cooked when they can be easily pierced with a skewer.
- 4Allow to cool and peel off skins and chop into fine cubes.
- 5Wash hands and put beets aside.
- 6Heat stock until just boiling.
- 7Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan and sweat the eschalots or onion until soft.
- 8Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- 9Add wine and keep stirring until the wine has evaporated.
- 10Turn down heat and add beetroot and a good ladle of stock.
- 11Adjust heat so that rice simmers, adding more stock as the liquid is absorbed.
- 12This will take 16-18 minutes.
- 13Taste foe seasoning.
- 14When risotto is cooked al dente, add butter and fresh parmesan and stir well.
- 15Allow to sit for one minute and serve with parmesan slithers and freshly snipped chives on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto With Baby Beetroot
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: