Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious, a bit different and a beautiful colour. Do try it.
Make and share this Risotto With Baby Beetroot recipe from Food.com.
- Chop off beetroot leaves leaving 2cm stems and wash.
- Steam boil or bake for about 20 minutes.
- Beets are cooked when they can be easily pierced with a skewer.
- Allow to cool and peel off skins and chop into fine cubes.
- Wash hands and put beets aside.
- Heat stock until just boiling.
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan and sweat the eschalots or onion until soft.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add wine and keep stirring until the wine has evaporated.
- Turn down heat and add beetroot and a good ladle of stock.
- Adjust heat so that rice simmers, adding more stock as the liquid is absorbed.
- This will take 16-18 minutes.
- Taste foe seasoning.
- When risotto is cooked al dente, add butter and fresh parmesan and stir well.
- Allow to sit for one minute and serve with parmesan slithers and freshly snipped chives on top.