Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Jenny Stacey's "What's Cooking - Vegetarian"
- 7 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 leeks, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons mixed herbs, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened plain yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded leek, to garnish
- Pour the stockinto a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a separate pan and saute the garlic and leeks for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for a couple of minutes until well coated.
- Pour in half of the wine and a little of the hot stock into the rice.
- Cook over a gentle healt until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock and wine and cook over a low heat for about 25 minutes or so or until the rice is creamy.
- Stir in the chopped mixed herbs and spinach.
- Season and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt with the shredded leek and serve immediately.
I cook this all the time, but tend to add the liquid gradually for extra creaminess. For a stronger flavour, try stirring through 1/4 cup fresh parmesan just before adding the spinach. Yum!