1/1 Photo of Risotto Verde
This risotto recipe doesn't use cream or cheese which makes it much "lighter". It's still delicious yet healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 1/2 cups vegetable stock or 7 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In large sauce pan bring stock to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- 2Heat olive oil in separate large sauce pan.
- 3Saute garlic and leeks until softened (about 3 minutes).
- 4Add rice and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add half the wine to rice mixture and about 1/2 cup of the hot stock.
- 6Cook on medium low until all liquid has been absorbed.
- 7Add the remainder of stock and white wine and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, until rice is creamy. (Rice needs to absorb liquid slowly in order to have the correct consistency.).
- 8Stir in basil and baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add plain yogurt and mix well.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Verde
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: