Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great appetizer that's different from the usual stuffed muchrooms. I got the recipe from Meals.com and have been making it for years. My kids love to eat what's left that didn't get stuffed in a mushroom and sometimes we make it into a meal by skipping the mushrooms and adding some grilled chicken pieces.
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package risotto mix with mushrooms, cooked and kept warm
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 18 -20 about 1 3/4 pounds total jumbo whole white mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine risotto, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Romano or Parmesan cheese, chives, bell pepper and garlic in medium bowl. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet. Fill mushrooms with risotto mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cheese is melted.