Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
we used to have to wait for spring to get lovely asparagus, now it seems to be available all year round.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- heat oil in a large saucepan.
- add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- add rind and cook 2 minutes more add rice and cook 3 minutes.
- stir in chicken broth, bring to boil.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- stir in asparagus, spinach, nutmeg.
- cook for 2 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, serve.
This is a thick and hearty soup that really hits the spot on a cold autumn evening. I added a handful of dried shitake mushrooms and some rind from the cheese for extra flavor. I also added some salt and pepper to taste. Delicious!
Great soup, So easy to make and tasty. DH loved it. I only used 1/2 cup Risotto rice. Glad that i did, as we like a soupy soup. I think it would be to much with the 3/4 cup. I also used frozen aspargus, it worked great. Thank you Chia, for another winner.
Made and enjoyed for ZWT 4. This was a lovely change to normal risotto but the end result was a bit bland for me. I added some bacon and champignons and it was great so thanks for posting