My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups rice
- 8 fluid ounces cabernet sauvignon wine
- 40 -48 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth, hot
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and minced
- 1/4 lb grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, more to taste
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 2When the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until transparent, 7-8 minutes.
- 3Add the rice, and stir with a wooden spoon until each grain begins to turn a milky white, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the wine, and continue to stir until it is completely absorbed by the rice.
- 5Keeping the stock hot over low heat, add the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring after each addition until nearly all the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Continue to add stock and stir until the rice is tender but not mushy, a total of 18-20 minutes.
- 7Stir in the tomatoes and cheese, taste again, and season with salt, pepper, and if you like, more cheese.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Sauvignon
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g