Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large saucepan over low heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion and garlic, and sauté until transparent, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the rice, and stir with a wooden spoon until each grain begins to turn a milky white, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, and continue to stir until it is completely absorbed by the rice.
- Keeping the stock hot over low heat, add the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring after each addition until nearly all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to add stock and stir until the rice is tender but not mushy, a total of 18-20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cheese, taste again, and season with salt, pepper, and if you like, more cheese.
- Serve immediately.