1 hr 15 mins
I found this great idea in the Times Picayune recipe archives, it's such a uniquely different way to serve risotto. Great in the summer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Rinse the rice well in cool water.
- 2Drain well and set aside.
- 3Bring the stock to a gentle boil in a medium-size saucepan, then reduce to a simmer.
- 4Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the onions and cook, stirring, until just soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until the grains are opaque, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add the stock and salt to taste.
- 8Stir gently until the liquid comes to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce the heat to low, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 15 minutes before stirring.
- 9Transfer the rice to a large bowl and gently stir to cool, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- 10Add the lemon juice and toss gently to mix. Cover with a clean towel and let cool.
- 11When ready to serve, add the capers, tomatoes, parsley, basil, garlic and extra-virgin alive oil.
- 12Toss gently to mix.
- 13Season with the black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 519.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 12.2 g