Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty way to get in the B-vitamins. Great served with greens (baby spinach).
- 200 g risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons wild rice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 onions, peeled and diced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, finely sliced and cored
- 100 ml rice milk
- 100 g baby corn
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Mix the rices together, rinse and place in a medium-sized pan with 500ml water. Bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. The rice should be cooked but slightly firm.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan with 2 tablespoons of water and add the onion, fennel and rice milk. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion is soft but not colored.
- Stir this mixture through the rice along with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately with some greens.