Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup risotto rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon herb-ox chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- diced fresh tomato, for garnish
- In large saucepan, saute mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender.
- Add uncooked rice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat water, bouillon and cooking wine to a boil.
- Slowly add one cup of the broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to add 1/2 cup of broth at a time to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until all broth has been added and the rice mixture is creamy.
- Add cheeses and stir until well blended.
- Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley and diced tomato.
I went to dinner with my husband, and ordered Risotto. It was so good, I wanted to learn how to make it myself. I picked this recipe, and this was far better than the risotto I had ordered. This was excellent Kim, and will be made many, many times in the future. Absolutely a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delicious! We really loved this flavorful risotto. I used a smoked fontina cheese which added a wonderful smokey flavor. I ended up adding quite a bit more liquid than called for in the recipe to get the rice done, but the end result was worth it. Thank you for sharing this wonderul recie Kim. *Made for ZWT4*
Yum! I halved the recipe and used a little more veggies. I used shredded Swiss cheese. Loved it! Thank you Kim! Made for Beverage tag.