1/3 Photos of Risotto Primavera
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup risotto rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon herb-ox chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- diced fresh tomato, for garnish
- 1In large saucepan, saute mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender.
- 2Add uncooked rice.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until rice is golden brown.
- 4Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat water, bouillon and cooking wine to a boil.
- 5Slowly add one cup of the broth to the rice mixture, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Continue to add 1/2 cup of broth at a time to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until all broth has been added and the rice mixture is creamy.
- 8Add cheeses and stir until well blended.
- 9Garnish, if desired, with fresh parsley and diced tomato.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 408.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g