Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this low-fat supper for two when you're in the mood for Italian food.
Make and share this Risotto Primavera recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 5 1⁄2 ounces arborio rice
- 2 ounces frozen peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, very finely grated
- Bring the stock to a boil in a pan, then turn down to a low simmer.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a wide, shallow pan, add the onion, carrot and zucchini and season with salt, pepper and the herbs.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then add the arborio rice and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add a ladleful of stock and stir until almost absorbed.
- Continue until you have used nearly all the stock and the rice is tender with a bite.
- About 5 minutes before finishing, add the peas, scallions and parmesan to the pan and mix together.
- Serve with extra parmesan if liked.
Sounds simple yet delicious. I'm trying it for dinner.