Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's almost impossible to make risotto for just two people, so I always end up with a pot of "what-the-heck-to-do-with-this?" I had made a batch of wild-mushroom risotto and just could not throw away the leftovers. I made/froze little *arancini* balls with some of it, but still had a couple of cups left. A peek into the fridge revealed some leftover sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, and a ball of baby mozzarella that needed to be used. Voila'! Veggie risotto pie! Cook it 'til the edges get crisp and brown, let cool, slice and serve. Really best at room temp.
- 2 cups leftover risotto rice
- 1 cup cooked vegetables (any will do)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup baby mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- sea salt, pepper, seasonings to taste (will depend on what your original risotto had)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Mix cold risotto with all ingredients except breadcrumbs, and season to taste.
- Pour into well-buttered 9" round baking dish, top with crumbs, and bake at 350 until mixture is set and edges begin to brown and crisp.
- Cool, cut into wedges, and serve as a side dish. Good for breakfast, too!