From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word.
Make and share this Risotto of Pumpkin With Rocket and Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- First, make the pumpkin puree by sweating down the roughly chopped pumpkin in a little olive oil and butter, until it breaks down completely.
- Puree this in a liquidizer and leave until finishing the risotto.
- Wash the rice in cold water and strain off.
- Combine 250ml of chicken stock with 250ml water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm the mixture.
- Add risotto to the liquid mixture and blanch for 7 minutes.
- Drain this off and place on a tray to cool down.
- Pan fry the 1cm cubes of pumpkin in a little butter and olive oil until nicely browned and softened.
- To finish the risotto place the rice in a shallow pan and just cover with remaining chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil quickly and cook until nearly all of the stock has evaporated.
- Taste the risotto to see if its cooked, then add the pumpkin puree, sautéed pumpkin dices, rocket, Parmesan, 25g of butter and salt and pepper.
- Mix well, taste for seasoning, adjust and serve.