1/1 Photo of Risotto of Pumpkin With Rocket and Parmesan
From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, make the pumpkin puree by sweating down the roughly chopped pumpkin in a little olive oil and butter, until it breaks down completely.
- 2Puree this in a liquidizer and leave until finishing the risotto.
- 3Wash the rice in cold water and strain off.
- 4Combine 250ml of chicken stock with 250ml water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm the mixture.
- 5Add risotto to the liquid mixture and blanch for 7 minutes.
- 6Drain this off and place on a tray to cool down.
- 7Pan fry the 1cm cubes of pumpkin in a little butter and olive oil until nicely browned and softened.
- 8To finish the risotto place the rice in a shallow pan and just cover with remaining chicken stock.
- 9Bring to the boil quickly and cook until nearly all of the stock has evaporated.
- 10Taste the risotto to see if its cooked, then add the pumpkin puree, sautéed pumpkin dices, rocket, Parmesan, 25g of butter and salt and pepper.
- 11Mix well, taste for seasoning, adjust and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto of Pumpkin With Rocket and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 574.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.6 g