Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Gordon Ramsay's The F Word.
Top Review by auntchelle
Like another reviewer I was unsure of the cooking method. I shouldn't have been as it worked really well, although I did have to add about 100mL extra stock and 2 mins cooking time. I hate gluggy risotto and this was anything but. The pureed pumpkin make a nice, creamy base. When frying the pumpkin I I also sauteed some walnuts and used these to garnish. I will make this again. Thanks Amanda. Made for Aussie Recipe Swap #20.
- 300 g pumpkin, Roughly Diced
- 200 g risotto rice
- 500 ml hot chicken stock, divided
- 250 ml hot water
- 100 g pumpkin, diced into 1cm cubes
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- roughly chopped rocket
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- First, make the pumpkin puree by sweating down the roughly chopped pumpkin in a little olive oil and butter, until it breaks down completely.
- Puree this in a liquidizer and leave until finishing the risotto.
- Wash the rice in cold water and strain off.
- Combine 250ml of chicken stock with 250ml water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm the mixture.
- Add risotto to the liquid mixture and blanch for 7 minutes.
- Drain this off and place on a tray to cool down.
- Pan fry the 1cm cubes of pumpkin in a little butter and olive oil until nicely browned and softened.
- To finish the risotto place the rice in a shallow pan and just cover with remaining chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil quickly and cook until nearly all of the stock has evaporated.
- Taste the risotto to see if its cooked, then add the pumpkin puree, sautéed pumpkin dices, rocket, Parmesan, 25g of butter and salt and pepper.
- Mix well, taste for seasoning, adjust and serve.