Recipe by oloschiavo
It's as if you took the whole deli and made a risotto out of it! A nice trick here is to use marinated sun-dried tomatoes - the oil you drain off them you can tip straight into the pan! While the chili is an optional extra, fresh parmesan is a must. From an AWW cookbook.
Top Review by flower7
I've never made risotto before and for a first timer, this is a perfect recipe! It was extremely easy; I was afraid there was way too much liquid but it was all absorbed in the end. I made this for guests as a side with shrimp and it was very good - one guest thought it needed a little salt but the other thought it was perfect as is... I thought a little salt wouldn't have hurt it. I have to say, though, as a side dish, it makes WAY more than 4 servings... more like 8 to 10. I made two small changes - used diced olives and only about 1/4 tsp chili flakes. Thanks for the recipe Olivia!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 425 g tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 100 g spicy salami, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan and add onion, cooking until soft.
- Add rice and stir until fully coated in oil.
- Add canned tomates and water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes - stir once or twice.
- Remove from heat and let stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve immediately.