Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an addition to a good basic risotto recipe. I add this to a double batch of my Basic Risotto (Basic Risotto (Pressure Cooker)). The mushroom mixture is ridiculously flavorful.
- 255.14 g fresh mushrooms (I like a mix of different kinds, oyster, shiitake, cremini, chanterelles, reconstituted dried porcin)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme, chopped or 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Thinly slice or tear the mushrooms.
- In a very hot pan, heat the olive oil, and add the mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 1 minute, toss them, then add the garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 2 or 3 more minutes, taste them to make sure they're cooked through. Add some parsley, a pinch of chili powder, a squeeze of lemon juice, and some pepper. Toss about another minute more, and remove from the heat.
- Finely chop half the cooked mushroom mixture. Add the chopped half to the basic risotto recipe at step 8 (the same time you add liquid or stock).
- Add the other half of the mushroom mixture at step 12 (with the butter and cheese at the very end).