Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw it in a TV show!!! So good!!!! Posted for ZWT III, Italy!
- 500 g round short-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 150 g butter
- 2 large onions, minced
- 300 g parmesan cheese, granded
- 150 g goat cheese, cubed
- 250 g prosciutto, in thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put the olive oil in a pot and add the onion and the pepper. Stir until softened.
- Add the rice, stir for 2 minutes more and then add the water. Let it boil until the rice is done in medium heat (10 minutes).
- When all the water is absorbed add the butter, little salt, the goat cheese, the rosemary and the parmesan.
- Mix well and then arrange it in a pyrex dish.
- Cover the rice with the prosciutto slices.
- Serve it hot!
I made 1/2 the recipe. I used one small red onion, 1 cup rissoto, 1/2 cup- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese that was 2 1/2 ounces, 3 ounces of chopped prosciutto that I tossed into the risotto at the end of cooking except for one the I rolled into a rosebud for garnish, used Mixed-Herb Compound Butter for Veggies or Meat. I did make this in my rice cooker. By sauting the red onions in oil first with the lid open then added the rice coated and then followed with 3 cups water and butter. Then closed the lid and let it go till done. At which point added the remaining ingredients. I do wish I made the whole recipe because these would have made the best rice balls. The cooking time in the directions need adjusting. Stove top process of making risotto is stirring a little hot water or broth till the rice absorbs the liquid at which point you add more,stirring and adding till tender. About 30-40 minutes.