1/1 Photo of Risotto Mix
I really liked this idea. A perfect gift in jar for people who aren't to fond of sweets and something different from the typical soup mix. The recipe comes from Holiday Gifts from A Jar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dried wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (not oil packed)
- 1/4 cup minced dehydrated dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1For the mix: Layer ingredients in order listed, packing lightly before adding each layer.
- 2Seal jar, cover top with fabric and attach a gift tag with directions for preparing the risotto.
- 3In a medium saucepan, heat broth and keep at a simmer.
- 4Heat oil and butter in a large skillet; add the shallot and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender, stir in risotto mix.
- 5Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until rice glistens.
- 6Pour about 1/2 cup broth into skillet, cook and stir at medium-low heat until rice absorbs broth, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add 1/2 cup of broth and repeat; continue until all liquid has been incorporated, rice should be tender but slightly firm at the center.
- 8When the rice is cooked through, stir in cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Mix
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 1319.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried wild mushrooms