a basic risotto, with only Safron as flavoring. an absolutely delicious side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt 1/2 of the butter over moderate heat in a large, heavy saucepan.
- 2Add the chopped onion abnd cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and golden about 7 minutes.
- 3Add the rice.
- 4Stir well to coat the rice with the butter.
- 5Sprinkle with the saffron threads.
- 6Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 7Increase the heat to moderately high.
- 8Add 2 cups of the chicken broth (or just enough to cover the rice), stirring constantly.
- 9When all of the broth has been absorbed, add approximately 1/2 cup more boiling broth, stirring until it is absorbed.
- 10Repeat this procedure, adding 1/2 cups of broth until the rice is al dente.
- 11Add broth at the end to adjust sauce.
- 12Stir the remaining butter into the rice along with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 13Taste for seasoning, and serve hot from a large platter onto warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 669.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g