Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a basic risotto, with only Safron as flavoring. an absolutely delicious side dish.
Make and share this Risotto Milanese recipe from Food.com.
- melt 1/2 of the butter over moderate heat in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion abnd cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and golden about 7 minutes.
- Add the rice.
- Stir well to coat the rice with the butter.
- Sprinkle with the saffron threads.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to moderately high.
- Add 2 cups of the chicken broth (or just enough to cover the rice), stirring constantly.
- When all of the broth has been absorbed, add approximately 1/2 cup more boiling broth, stirring until it is absorbed.
- Repeat this procedure, adding 1/2 cups of broth until the rice is al dente.
- Add broth at the end to adjust sauce.
- Stir the remaining butter into the rice along with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Taste for seasoning, and serve hot from a large platter onto warmed plates.