1/2 Photos of Risotto Milanese
I got this recipe from the Contadina website. It is such a nice and creamy risotto. As a side dish it can serve 4 people easy and 2 people as your main meal. I love making this to have as a side for Osso Bucco or cabbage rolls. Posting here so I don't lose it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil and 2 TBS of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the chopped onion and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- 3Meanwhile heat the broth in a saucepan and keep at a low simmer. Take out 1 cup of hot broth and stir in the saffron threads and set aside.
- 4Add rice to the onions and stir till well coated, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- 5Add the wine to the rice and the 1 cup of broth that has the saffron and cook stirring occasionally over medium heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Add another cup of simmering broth to rice and simmer until absorbed. Repeat until rice is tender. Stirring often to prevent sticking. Usually around 25 minutes. Most or all of the broth should be used.
- 7When the rice is tender add in the rest of the butter and the grated cheese. Stir until well mixed and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 871.7
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 1865.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.7 g