Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This rice dish makes a great addition to any meat dish. It has a great, yet simple taste. I really like the taste that the prosciutto adds to it.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped prosciutto (about 1 ounce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine saffron and broth in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, prosciutto, and garlic to pan; saute 2 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Add rice; cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and pepper.