This rice dish makes a great addition to any meat dish. It has a great, yet simple taste. I really like the taste that the prosciutto adds to it.
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped prosciutto (about 1 ounce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Combine saffron and broth in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, prosciutto, and garlic to pan; saute 2 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- 3Add rice; cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 5Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total).
- 6Remove from heat; stir in cheese and pepper.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Milanese
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 766.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: