Recipe by swissms
This is a fairly easy risotto recipe that is delicious. Be sure to use a good quality Parmesan cheese. Grate the cheese using a food processor.
- 5 cups about canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion; sauté until very tender but not brown, about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups warm broth. Boil gently until broth is absorbed, stirring frequently. Add another 1 cup broth; stir until broth is absorbed.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 cup grated cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan.