Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fairly easy risotto recipe that is delicious. Be sure to use a good quality Parmesan cheese. Grate the cheese using a food processor.
- 5 cups about canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion; sauté until very tender but not brown, about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups warm broth. Boil gently until broth is absorbed, stirring frequently. Add another 1 cup broth; stir until broth is absorbed.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 cup grated cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan.
This is lovely risotto. It comes up creamy and flavorful and it was enjoyed by all of us with grilled chicken. What else can you ask for ? :D