Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This recipe is Italian was brought home from culinary school by my DD where it was made in class. I have not had it, but she told me it was very good. Enjoy.
Top Review by Paris D
This is very good, but it does seem to be missing something. My husband suggested that saffron would enhance the flavor. I also had to add salt at the table. Maybe we'll try adding some mushrooms next time. We used lobster stock instead of chicken stock and I will continue to make it with lobster stock, as it enhances the lobster flavor. Thank you for posting this.
- 1 quart chicken stock (warmed)
- 6 ounces lobster tail meat
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1 small onion (finely minced)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- parmesan cheese (grated to taste)
- Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add the rice and cook a minute of two, stirring constantly.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add stock in stages, stirring until rice is between al dente and tender/creamy.
- Cut lobster tail into chunks and add to rice.
- Cook until lobster is cooked through.
- Add remaining butter, Old Bay seasoning and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley.