Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Risotto with Artichoke Hearts, Prosciutto, and Red Bell Pepper
Make and share this Risotto Con Carciofi, Prosciutto E Peperone recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen artichoke heart, cooked according to the package directions and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 slice prosciutto (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup arborio rice (Italian short-grain rice)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- In a small saucepan dilute the broth with 2 cups water, bring it to a boil, and keep the broth at a bare simmer.
- In a heavy saucepan cook the bell pepper and the artichoke hearts in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes and transfer them with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- In the heavy pan cook the onion in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened, stir in the prosciutto and the rice with a wooden spatula, and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the rice is coated well with the olive oil.
- Add the wine and cook the mixture over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the wine is absorbed, add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth, and cook the mixture at a vigorous simmer, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next, until only 1/2 cup of the broth remains.
- Stir in the vegetables and 1/3 cup of the remaining broth and simmer the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the liquid is absorbed. (The risotto should be creamy, but the rice grains should be 'al dente'.) If necessary add the remaining broth and cook the risotto in the same manner until the rice is 'al dente'.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and the white pepper.
This is so yummy! I used the method from Oven-Baked Risotto (Several Variations), and made it with Crispy Crumbled Prosciutto. I doubled the artichokes, bell pepper, prosciutto and parsley and decreased the oil. We really enjoyed this, the flavors go very well together!