Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
These are fantastic for picnics, lunches, snacks or anything!
Make and share this Risotto cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional, can just replace with stock or water)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 cup basil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 180 g mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Heat butter and oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the leek and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add the wine and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed.
- Add the spinach, zucchini and basil.
- Stir to combine and set mixture aside to cool completely (preferably in the fridge).
- Once cool stir through eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- Grease a 6 x 3/4 cup Texas muffin pan.
- Half fill the holes with the mixture and place a cube of cheese on each.
- Then cover with more rice mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.
I can't believe I never rated this recipe before! It's a staple at my house. These are so delicious and subtle and they are an awesome lunch box/picnic item. I tried another recipe that was fried instead of baked and it just couldn't compare.