Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Classic, simple needs no other explanation.
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 325 g risotto rice
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 900 ml hot vegetable stock
- 25 g parmesan cheese or 25 g castelli cheese, shaved
- Heat butter in a wide shallow saucepan. Cook onion until soft and golden. Add rice and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour in wine and increase heat, stirring until wine has been absorbed. drink remainder of bottle while stirring.
- Add one third of the hot stock and cook until it has been absorbed, keep remaining stock hot.
- Repeat until all stock is gone, make sure your stir constantly. The risotto should be wet and creamy.
- Serve topped with the cheese.