Recipe by Muddyboots
This is a new recipe I am going to try and when I do I will post pictures. But to me sounds like real wholesome type of recipe.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a great risotto recipe! The squash adds a lovely flavour, which is complemented nicely by the sage. Together they make for a completely different, but yummy risotto experience. Your directions are easy to follow and the risotto has a creamy, smooth texture. I only used 1l of broth and skipped the parsley, but other than that followed the recipe as stated. I really like this recipe, but would change the following things next time to make it suit my family's taste even better: I would triple the amount of sage used and add some more squash, too (we luv sage and squash here!). THANKS SO VERY MUCH for sharing this with us, Muddyboots! It will be made again in our house. Made and reviewed for one of my babies during Fall PAC 09.
- 1 lb squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 -8 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons parsley
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut up squash into cubes.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Bring stock to a simmer and set aside.
- Heat last tablespoon of olive oil and add diced onion and cook still soft.
- Add 1/3 of cooked squash, minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add rice and cook until separated.
- Stir in one ladleful of warm stock and add sage. Keep adding stock as it is absorbed. Takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Add remaining squash another 1/2 cup of stock for that creamy risotto look.
- Add parmesan and parsley and last add pepper.