Recipe by Carolyn Kamberlane
This is an authentic french recipe, translated from one of my cookbooks. This was the 1st risotto I ever made, and I found it was easy. I make it often for my husband the mushroom lover.
Top Review by LilKiwiChicken
Looking at the comments on this recipe, I think that there is not enough stock. I think you need about 350ml / 100g of rice, which would mean that if you are going to use 500g of rice you would need about 1800ml of stock.
- 125 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 375 g mushrooms, diced
- 500 g risotto rice (eg. Arborio)
- 1 liter vegetable stock, approx. (can be made with granules)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
- parsley, chopped,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onion in half of the butter until it is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook,while stirring, until the rice gets shiny and translucent around the edges.
- Add a ladle of bouillon and cook until it is absorbed.
- Add the safron.
- Continue adding the bouillon (one ladle at a time and cooking until absorbed) until the rice is cooked and all the bouillon is absorbed.
- Add the remaining butter and parmesan, stir.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.