Mascarpone is a buttery-rich cheese that gives the risotto its luxurious creamy consistency. This is time consuming but is easy to cook. I hope you will try it, it's a mouth watering recipe and is a great side to many roasts, chicken or steaks. Found this on the cookinglight web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 oz)
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable stock or 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- cooking spray
- 1 cup arborio rice or 1 cup other short-grain rice
- 3/4 cup shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh parsley leaves, garnish (optional)
- 1Combine boiling water and mushrooms, let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
- 2Drain through a colander over a bowl.
- 3Reserve 1-1/4 soaking liquid and chop mushrooms.
- 4Bring soaking liquid and broth to a simmer in a small saucepan.(Do not boil).
- 5Keep broth mixture warm over low heat.
- 6Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 7Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 8Add rice, shallots and garlic, saute 5 minutes.
- 9Add wine, and cook until liquid evaporates(about 2 minutes).
- 10Add 1 cup broth mixture to rice mixture, cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 11Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally until each portion of broth mixture is absorbed before adding the next.(About 25 minutes total).
- 12Add mushrooms, cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; stir gently just until the cheese melts.
- 13Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto and Porcini Mushrooms and Mascarpone Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 383.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms
reduced-sodium beef broth