Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from a local magazine Italianicious. Although the recipe calls for butter I don't usually add to risotto.
- 800 ml beef stock
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 150 g ground pork
- 150 g minced beef
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 200 g passata
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron strand
- 40 g butter
- 60 g pecorino cheese, grated
- Bring stock to boil and then keep simmering.
- Heat oil in wide heavy based pan. Add onion and saute until soft.
- Add meat browning the meat until cooked.
- Add rice and stir for a minute or two, then add wine and let it evaporate.
- Add passata, saffron and a ladleful of boiling stock, stir. Allow rice time to absorb stock before adding more stock.
- Continue adding stock a ladleful at a time until its all used. Cook for a frther 15 mins on low heat until rice is al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in butter and top with cheese.
YUM!! we love risotto & this was delicious comfort food. :) made for zwt 7. thank you!