Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A basic risotto that can be modified with a few alternate ingredients.
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 450 g arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 liters chicken stock, hot and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 90 g parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat ½ the butter and sweat the onions.
- Add rice and stir until rice appears shiny.
- Using a 6 oz ladle, add 2 scoops of stock to the rice.
- Stir the rice over medium heat until almost dry.
- Repeat from step 3 until all stock has been used up.
- Stop cooking when rice is moist and creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and parmesan cheese.
I made this for the extended family yesterday and it was a hit! The only thing I left out was the salt as I felt the parmesan cheese would add enough salt to the recipe. The flavor from the onion and the parmesan cheese was delicious and well balanced. Will make this again!