its the traditional funghi porcini mushrooms recipe from my collection of italian recipe books, i have tried this recipe a hundred times or more and its always a hit for my husband and my friends....they even suggest this recipe if i am in doubt of what to serve for first course, ingredients are readily available except for the funghi porcini...(our company is importing the dried funghi porcini from italy)
- Soak the funghi porcini in water for about 15 minutes. Drain and dried.
- Brown the 2 garlic cloves in olive oil and 20 gr. of butter. Saute' the finely chopped onions.
- Add the funghi porcini and parsley, leave it to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine, leave it evaporate and then add the rice. Toast the rice for some minutes, then add a scoop of broth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mixing continuously, add broth scoop by scoop until the rice is cooked.Don't overcook, this will ruin the texture.
- Before taking out of the fire, add in the rest of the butter (20 gr.), the parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley.
- Take out the pan from the fire, Cover, leave it for 5 minutes then serve, with some parmesan cheese on top.