1/1 Photo of Risotto Ai Funghi (Mushrooms) - 2-Qt Pressure Cooker
For 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon. If doubling recipe, only increase the broth to 3 1/2 cups. For a rich, creamy taste, add butter or cream with Parmesan cheese. When I made this our dining group thought the sundried tomatoes took over the spotlight so we would reduce them next time, but the 20-mo.-old gave this her enthusiastic approval.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped or 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms, chopped and soaked to rehydrate
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped and soaked to rehydrate
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a 2-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- 2Add rice, stirring often, until lightly golden.
- 3Add mushrooms. Stir to mix.
- 4Add wine. Stir to mix.
- 5Add tomatoes and broth. Stir to mix.
- 6Increase heat to high. Stir in fresh herb of choice. Continue to stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- 7Close lid and bring pressure to 1st red ring (low pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. Cook for 7 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and use Cold Water Release Method (or quick release method recommended by your manufacturer).
- 9Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto Ai Funghi (Mushrooms) - 2-Qt Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 543.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g