Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Peruvian dish blends the creamy texture of risotto with a traditional spanish flavor combination. From Yanuq.com.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (Pisco or similar)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- Blend cilantro and 3 cups chicken broth.
- In a medium saucepan, place rice and then add cilantro and broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until rice is cooked “al dente”.
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until golden.
- Add cooked rice to skillet and combine.
- Stir in cream, parmesan cheese and Pisco. Cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth (or more, if necessary for a flowing consistency).
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
I followed the recipe exactly and I liked that this recipe added the rice and chicken broth all at the same time therefore cutting down on the time to make. Served this with Recipe#193864. Perfect compliment. Made for ZWT4.