Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Peruvian dish blends the creamy texture of risotto with a traditional spanish flavor combination. From Yanuq.com.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (Pisco or similar)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- Blend cilantro and 3 cups chicken broth.
- In a medium saucepan, place rice and then add cilantro and broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until rice is cooked “al dente”.
- In a large deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until golden.
- Add cooked rice to skillet and combine.
- Stir in cream, parmesan cheese and Pisco. Cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth (or more, if necessary for a flowing consistency).
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
I followed the recipe exactly and I liked that this recipe added the rice and chicken broth all at the same time therefore cutting down on the time to make. Served this with Lemon, Garlic and Basil Shrimp Skewers. Perfect compliment. Made for ZWT4.